Monday, September 5, 2011

Perfection

Today, my eleven-year-old sister made a statement that surprised me.
"Nothing is perfect," she said. How true, and yet how false.
She sees people's flaws, and sees them as inperfect..which I suppose could be true. But it's so false at the same time. I wish she would look past herself and notice that flaws are what makes a person. But no. She has enough trouble tearing her eyes away from her own reflection in the mirror.

I've always believed that I will find perfections in the imperfections. I'm not sure why I've felt this way, but I've felt like this since I've learned the difference between the two words.
This isn't to say that there aren't perfect moments, because there are. I mean, every one has those moments were they feel like it couldn't be better, which is what makes the moment perfect.

"So what makes a moment perfect?" shes asks.
I'm at a loss, I've never had to explain it before.
But.. I suppose the perfect moment is being with people you can truly be yourself around and laughing until you feel like you're going to die. Or being with someone you love so much that it nearly hurts. Or that first kiss after a first date where it's planned and spontaneous at the same time. Moments like that are what I would qualify as perfect moments.

"Well...I've never experienced any of those," she says.
Ahh but you will my darling little sister. Just wait, be patient, and roll with the waves life throws at you. You'll get your perfect moment one day, just make sure you're paying attention because you may not realize how perfect a moment could have been until it's already passed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment