Monday, September 5, 2011

Changes

Everything changes.
Time. Places. People.
Trust me, I know.

For example, I've been told to use my imagination since I was a small child. Strangely enough, I couldn't tell you exactly what that meant until this very moment. Looking back, I remember playing with imaginary friends in an imaginary house with imaginary rooms. I remember running away from imaginary "bad guys".

But that was then, and this is now. I've graduated high school, I'm an adult. I've reached the stage in life where my imagination lies dormant for the majority of the time, only coming out at night when I'm dreaming. I'm learning who my true friends are, and what I want to do in life. I never said changes were fun.

As for me, my personality, I've gone from giggling little girl to cold hearted bitch to vulnerable young woman. I can't say any of those changes were fun either. Oddly enough, even if I could, I wouldn't go back to those days where my biggest fear was being alone in a dark place, or worrying that the "bad guy" would catch me.

I've learned that some changes can be good too...like the change I'm dealing with right now. For as long as I can remember, I've kept a wall up around me. I never let anyone to close, it didn't matter who you were or how long I'd known you. But now...there's this guy. And he can see straight through me. I'm not exactly sure how or why, and it freaks me out a little. My first instinct with people like him are to push them out, and retreat back inside, locking the figurative gate behind me and throwing away the key. But one of the only people I intentionally let through my figurative wall is trying to convince me to let him stay. Who knows, I just might. There is something cool about him...

I guess what I'm trying to say is...change is good. It doesn't matter if you like them at the moment or not. Each little thing you experience will have some effect on you, and will change you in some way, no matter how small. Eventually, you learn to just roll with it, and let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment